January 25, 2007

Here today, gone to Maui



So tomorrow Mr. Gadget and I will be leaving on our grand voyage to Hawaii and I'll be taking a blog vacation until Feb. 10. I've been thinking about what kind of trip report I'll write when I get back. I've always been a fan of "Top 10" lists. I may post the top ten most interesting sights along the way. Or maybe the top ten weirdest characters onboard. Or maybe even the top ten gourmet delights. Or......I may do all of the above. I'm sure there will be plenty of blog fodder to last at least a week or more.

The pictures are from a recent visit to the botanical gardens. There were quite a few things in bloom in spite of it being winter and all. It was very quiet and peaceful there....a little oasis from all of the noise and traffic and congestion that is southern California. We are lucky that it's in our neighborhood.

Mr. Gadget related an interesting story when he returned from his trek to the gym this morning. Seems the place was deserted, or so he thought. A few minutes after he stepped on the treadmill, he heard someone singing in the shower in the men's locker room And he noted that it was a female voice, and in a language he didn't understand. He thought about going in to check things out, but continued treading instead. Soon he heard a man's voice singing. It wasn't long before the mystery was solved when an Asian man turned off the lights and walked out. Mr. G. came to the conclusion it was quite possible this man was singing both parts of an Asian opera.... maybe. I'm pretty sure we won't find anyone more weird on the ship, but we'll see. Maybe I'm being too judgmental. I think from now on I will refer to these people as "whimsical."

So Mr. G. has been chuckling about my plan to take the Goddess coffee mug along on the cruise. We'll just see how he feels about it while I'm sitting there on the deck, watching the whales and seagulls, enjoying my comfy coffee cup while he struggles to fix his tea (you know how those tea drinkers are....they want it just so!) If I know Mr. G., and I do know him well, he'll just forego the tea for the duration. No proper cup, no tea. I'm pretty sure he'll just start early with the Pina Coladas......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are neat prickly pears and poinsettias. Looking forward to your top ten lists. Mahalo... Aloha...and Bon Voyage!

Anonymous said...

Marcia...I can't believe that my first attempt at a "blog" is to you!! I re-read your great Christmas card and decided to follow your blog address. Know you and "Mr. G" are having a great time and I'll be back to visit your space...and will bring "the boss" with me next time. Cheers!!
kathy g in Austin TX