January 17, 2007

Monkey business



One of the things I can't get in Connecticut, but that's readily available here in California, is good monkey coffee. That might be because the mug that gives this special coffee its name is here and not there. And there's really nothing special about this coffee. It's Taster's Choice. Since Mr. Gadget is a tea drinker, I've grown accustomed to TC. If I make a pot of regular coffee every morning just for me, I end up drinking it all day and then I'm jittery and a little more weird than usual.

So I've been giving some thought to making a monkey doll. I don't have one in my cast of characters. Mine would have more pronounced ears than this one, but I like the eyes. Maybe a couple of black buttons would do. And he has a cute face. I'd probably make the doll in a small dark brown print, including the head, and then applique the white face on. He might look very dashing with a bow tie made from a banana print. I think I have some left over from my food quilt that still sits in the to-be-finished pile. And he might need a small bunch of bananas.

So I know you all (scores of readers....) know that I'm not the brightest operator of gadgets, in spite of the endless tutoring that Mr. Gadget provides. These last two days have really tested my spirit in that regard. Yesterday, while out for a walk with two gadgets stowed in two pockets of my jacket, my cell phone rang. So I turned off my MP-3 player and fished my phone out of its pocket. In the process I turned on the speaker phone. Why is it so easy to find the on button for this and so terribly difficult to find the off button? I hope the people on the sidewalk enjoyed hearing my business. I'm just glad it wasn't monkey business.. heh..heh..

Then today, during another walk, I was holding the MP-3 player instead of leaving it safely in it's pocket and it slipped. And in my haste to grab it before it hit the ground, I hit the button that sent the book back to the beginning. I haven't told Mr. Gadget this yet. He's still over at the gym with the curmudgeons. But I know he'll just laugh and tell me to read the instructions. I'd much rather just give him the gadgets and let him do the dirty work. But I guess I'm going to have to put the manly sweater aside tonight and get the instruction books out. It may be a late night. I might need some monkey coffee.......

No comments: