January 22, 2007

The manly cable



I've finished the back of the manly sweater and am now underway on the front. The cable is taking shape nicely. I did have to do a bit of frogging however, but that's ok. It's important for a knitter to keep her frogging edge. I had no idea what I had done until I got back to the nasty spot. Seems I had knitted two stitches together by mistake. An easy fix. A big "thank you" to the knitting gods.

So I'm thinking maybe I'll take my Goddess coffee mug with me on the cruise. I'm wondering if others will see it and realize just who I am---a goddess who deserves adoration and respect, and maybe a couple of tasty goodies from the buffet to go along.

Just for the record, I'm not one of those snobby coffee types. There are those who must take along their own coffee pots, and their favorite coffee brand.....or so I've heard. And there's talk going around that the cruise ships serve that awful syrup-based coffee. I'll be fine with whatever kind of coffee is served. But it might be nice to have my own mug. Coffee-drinkers, and tea-drinkers for that matter (just ask Mr. G.), do gravitate to a favorite mug. It should be ever so much more friendly than those much-too-small-and-awkward-to-hold buffet coffee cups. Maybe it will generate some interesting conversation. It might even gain me a few new admirers.......

As for the elderberry sweater "recipe" I was waiting for--the one I had to re-order because I lost the original--it was mailed to my Connecticut address, even though I asked them twice to mail it to me here at my Cali address. But not to worry. Tech Guy faxed it to me. I've definitely got a love/hate relationship going on with technology. So now it's here, along with the sweater in progress, awaiting my attention. I may be getting to it sooner rather than later if I find myself facing another frogging opportunity.

And I should report there was no half-price sushi to be had the other night when Mr. Gadget and I went out to take advantage of the early-bird special. Seems it only applies to Monday through Thursday (with the Thursday boldly underlined in red on their sign). We pondered for a few minutes whether we wanted it badly enough to pay full price, and then we walked a block up the street to a Mexican restauraunt (voted best in the area according to their sign). Well, I ate too much, and now I'm not so sure I'm going to fit into any of my cruise clothes. Good restaurants. There's that old love/hate thing again.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad to get the current definition of a "goddess". Bought a whole can of instant coffee--Taster's Choice--myself today. Maybe it will work for me? Even though I'm not supposed to drink either coffee or tea according to the doctor.