January 10, 2007

Mostly about the head



There was no blogging yesterday because I was having a few issues with my head addressed, so I gave my brain the day off. First was the appointment for hair color and a hair cut. Gray roots and shagginess do not become me. I also got an eyebrow trim. This came after I mentioned to my hairdresser that I'd seen a recent episode of Oprah on which she featured The Eyebrow Lady. I must be living in the Dark Ages because I thought there were only two options when it came to eyebrows: "plucking" and "living with."

Then I had the pleasure of another meeting with my dentist. It seems that on Monday, during my routine check-up, he found an "issue" with one of my molars, and he thought it prudent to take care of it before I left town. I will say, though, that it could have been very unpleasant were it not for the fact that I'd had a root canal done on that tooth several years ago which meant that I did not require the dreaded numbing shot.

You may remember that my dentist and his assistant usually keep up a dialogue about current reality TV shows while they work on me. These shows must be in repeats now. The only subject they talked about was the child of one of their patients. It seems he/she was in the office the other day and they couldn't decide if he/she was a he or a she. Seems the child's name was no help either. Kind of like Pat on Saturday Night Live.

I mentioned earlier that Big City Girl breezed in last Friday on her way to New Hampshire for some snow fun. Last night, on her way back to the big city, she swooshed through just long enough to grab the bunny. Before she arrived at the house, we had an interesting text messaging session. "We're at Exit 71," she informed me. A little while later, "Now we're at Exit 40. Do you think we can make the 8:10 train?" To which I replied, "You can try. I'll get bunny ready."

Two more messages came in, one from Exit 14 and one from Exit 4. After the last one, I knew there was hope (we're at Exit 2), so I messaged her back, "It's do-able!" And a few minutes later the swooshing happened as she ran in, threw bunny in the carrier, and ran out yelling back over her shoulder, "I'll email you!" A couple of hours later I received one more message....the one moms always like to get. "I'm home, finally! Thanks for watching Bam Bam." I guess I'll have to wait to tell her what a well-behaved bunny he was and how he ate all of his peas and said "please" and "thank you." But he just wouldn't sit still for the bedtime stories.......

No comments: