January 08, 2007

Ain't he cute?



Here is Bam Bam, Big City Girl's bunny, for whom we are currently bunny-sitting. Yesterday we let him out of his cage to do a little romping around the family room. After all, bunnies need exercise and a little snooping time. But two laps around the TV tired him out, so here he is taking a little rest.

Yesterday I decided to take a road trip to a nearby town where there is a nice yarn shop, and where I was told they would carry the recommended yarn for Mr. Gadget's sweater--my next project.I'll be making it out of Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride 85% wool-15% mohair worsted as the pattern suggested. Mr. Gadget really surprised me when, after I informed him there was a nice selection of neutral colors available, he requested something in a red. This one is called medieval red. It kind of calls up images of knights in shining armour doesn't it? Well, that's exactly what he is....heh...heh. This will be so much more fun to knit than something in a beige or tan. I'm thinking maybe he made a New Years resolution to be more colorful this year.....

And while I was at the yarn shop, I picked up this nice desk calendar. There's a new knitting pattern for each day. I especially love the floppy hat and those cute little knitted roses. There's lot of other neat stuff in there too. I should never want for a knitting idea.

It's raining today, but still pretty mild here in the northeast. Next Saturday, Mr. Gadget and I will be heading out west again for our annual "get-away-from-the-nasty-winter" break. It might just be a bust this year, what with the daffodils coming up already and no snow so far and none in sight. The weather folks do say, though, that when winter starts late it usually ends late, so we may be coming home expecting signs of spring, only to be putting those snow shovels to work.

So today I have an appointment with my dentist, so I'd better excuse myself and run off to do my biannual flossing. Just kidding......

1 comment:

Conni said...

Sweet bunny!