August 04, 2020

A study in red

 
Why should an antique rocking chair be boring?  Just send hubby to the paint store and have him get a can of redder than red.  You'll end up with Atomic Red.
It's added a nice bit of color to the Treehouse.  I'm sure Grandma won't mind.  She's been gone a long time, and if she's speaking to me I can't hear her.  I'm not so sure about my cousins, who are still very much here and might remember this chair when it was a fixture in Grandma's living room.

I had hoped the doll would be a little larger...to be more of a presence in the chair.  As I mentioned before she is the first of two dolls.  She still needs glasses and a handbag.  I'll get around to it.  I've named her Bertha--after Grandma's housemate.  The second doll will be Iva.  That was her childhood friend from Maine.  I always used to giggle when I'd hear her say "eh-ya!"  She lived in the small apartment just off of the garage.  Grandma's name was Ferna.  Bertha, Iva, and Ferna.  They were quite a trio riding around town in the big ol' Plymouth.

So now I must go.....before the hurricane winds pick up and we lose power.  Good thing I've had a lot of practice sitting in my recliner doing nothing...

No comments: