July 27, 2020

Gardening

This is my kind of gardening.  No dirty fingernails.  No sweating. No bending over.  I realize I don't have a big variety of flowering things in my garden. I probably should branch out but I really prefer mystery plantings that I make up in my head.  Sometimes I even add a few beads. Seed beads...
I find this activity very relaxing in light of the fact that everything outside of my Treehouse gardening shed is one giant compost pile.

So, Mr. Gadget and I live in a very nice condo complex that sits right on a state road.  There was lots of traffic when we moved in, but a bypass was in the works that soon diverted most of it.  For some reason the weekend motorcyclists prefer the old road.  I guess they like to mosey.  Although they do occasionally take the bypass to see how many decibels they can crank up when the police are on a coffee break.  Either way the noise can ruin a good nap. 

Then there are the chickens.  They belong to the residents of a small house just to the south side of our development.  We're on the north side--which is fine with me because I like to sleep till 7:30. That's long after the rooster begins his cockadoodles. There are also ducks and a small flock of turkeys.  Sometimes they all join in song.  We've wondered if there'll soon be goats, but so far so good.  Although I don't mind admitting I like to watch baby goats when they jump and prance.  I'd have to take my lawn chair down there in that case.

Yesterday we noticed two porta-potties and a tent in their barnyard. Immediately I thought maybe the circus was coming to town.  Then I considered other possibilities: a party,  a wedding, or a good old- fashioned revival. I think I'll stay on the lookout for elephants just in case...  

No comments: