June 24, 2020

Mask up!

Life continues to get more complicated.  There was a day when a gal could just grab her handbag and her car keys and go.  Now she needs a check list: cell phone, grocery bags, reading glasses, hand sanitizer, wipes, mask and a water bottle. This all in addition to the handbag and car keys.  It makes a gal wonder why she should ever leave her recliner.

You will notice that I've made a few more masks.  It started when I offered to make Mr. Gadget a spare.  You may remember the wine-cork one I made for him a while back.  This one has bicycles.  Mr. Gadget loves his bicycles.  He has an east coast one and a west coast one.  Just like me with my two sewing machines, although his bicycles burn carlories and my sewing machines not so much.

Yesterday I noticed that my sunglasses were a little loose and were starting to fall down over my mask.  So I asked Mr. Gadget if he had a gadget that could help him do a repair.  After a bit of searching through his tools he was confident he did.  It wasn't long before a string of expletives began to waft up the stairs.  I've learned not to panic unless I see blood.  Long story short: I'm due for some new glasses anyway, and Mr. Gadget doesn't think he needs to see a doctor for the hole in his thumb.

So the elves-on-ladder project is coming along.  I'm in the glue-up process (a woodworking term that works for felting too).  All of the components are being affixed and the elves will be ready for some serious Christmas-tree decorating soon.  I'll have to think of a way to hold them back until December.  The pub is a possibilitiy.


1 comment:

Barbara said...

I got a good laugh Marcia. I am right there with you.