December 28, 2015

Feeling crotchety

It usually happens after the holidays.  Too much of everything and then nothing much going on.  So I've decided to crochet.
 
I started this afghan several years ago.  It was going to be a gift for Big City Girl and her boyfriend.  They had just moved in together and purchased a couple of pieces of furniture, and these colors were chosen to complement the ensemble.

Then BCG and BF broke up and I'm not sure who got custody of which piece.  I lost all interest in the afghan project and it has resided in a wicker trunk until just a couple of days ago.  I decided to finish it (it wasn't too far from the end anyway).  I had to buy one more skein of yarn--the green one.  Luckily I found it (thanks, Vanna, for not retiring that color!)  And while I've been working on it I've realized it will nicely complement the new sleeper sofa we just bought for Mr. Gadget's old office in the basement.

I briefly considered making a new afghan for BCG and her current boyfriend, but I put it right out of my mind.  It might not bode well for the relationship, and I have no intention of buying a new sofa.

1 comment:

Kathy W. said...

Hi Marcia, Fabulous Christmas santas and other ornaments!!! Thanks for the poem and card. We enjoyed it much! Didn't send out the Christmas cards in time again this year but here is a greeting for a Happy New Year to you and Mr. G.!!! Cute little blog essay about unfinished afghan! lol See ya on FB too!
Your friend, Kathy and her hubby John