December 14, 2015

Hanging it up

No, not the blog.  Just the needle-felting.  I'm doing a little crocheting now....just to give my poking fingers a rest.  They seem to be able to hook ok.  It's just the poking they're tired of.

So before I hung up my felting needles I did a little free-spirit needling.  I grabbed some leftover fiber and let the spirit move me.


I felted a red ball and then added a snowman.  Then a few beads, and lastly a hanger.  You can never have too many ornaments.

Then I felted a green ball and added a Santa.  While I was felting I was thinking about my various doll characters (there must be more than a dozen by now) and how they might look felted onto a ball.  But no time now.  I'm on to another big project.  My Christmas poem.

I used to do a cartoon page to include with our family Christmas cards. It was fun and always well-received.  It was just my funny take on all the usual family antics.  But it didn't lend itself well to retirement.  So last year I switched to poetry.  I only have two rules:  one, it must be funny, and two, it has to rhyme.  Since I was an English major I figured it wouldn't be too difficult.  And it isn't, thanks to all the funny rhyming words I make up...

No comments: