April 24, 2013

A view from a beach chair

Greetings from Grand Cayman....where the palm trees and iguanas are plentiful, and where poultry--one rooster and two hens--patrol the pool deck.  The iguanas come out in the afternoons to loll in the sun, and the chickens make their appearance around the cocktail hour.

The weather has been great and I've been spending most of my time reading.  It's good to give the knitting muscles a rest now and then.  On my Kindle I have Mrs. Kennedy and Me by Clint Hill who was the Secret Service agent assigned to protect her.  And from the library I have This is How by Augusten Burroughs.  It's a departure from his usual style.  In it he writes about how to deal with many of life's challenges, and his suggestions are simple and refreshing.  I'm about halfway through The Shoemaker's Wife--which I wasn't able to finish in time for a library discussion group before I left.

I did get word from the deciders...who decided my idea for a "Celebrating our Creativity" day at the condo complex was a good one and that they will even provide some food and drink and clean-up.  Did I ever mention that I'm not an organizer?  I'm the type who likes to work in the background--doing posters, serving coffee, taking the trash out and those kinds of things.  I wonder what's come over me?  I think I'd better go back out to my beach chair and contemplate things....

2 comments:

Kathy W said...

Ah that picture is very nice....and the deciders decided your idea was a good one. Super!

Anonymous said...

The picture looks like it could be a postcard, cousin. Are you SURE you took that one yourself?? :-)

Cousin Molly