March 12, 2013

Tuesday tidbits


So I got to thinking.....
I wonder if I could use this doll pattern
to make a morning lady.
The eyes would work;
the mustache not.
 
I stuck my turkey neck out
last weekend and volunteered
to write some short stories about residents
for our new condo newsletter.
The first one will be about our neighbors
who ride a bicycle built for two.
With their dog.
 
Today I purchased the final construction supplies
for the ring-bearer pillow.
I'll get it done lickity-split.
The bride thinks I've been working
my fingers to the bone for weeks.
Shhhhhh!
 
I gave up the woodcarving class.
It's all about priorities.
I wonder if they missed me yesterday?
I think I can figure it out for myself.
I'll keep a supply of bandages handy.
 
Mr. Gadget and I are considering
shipping our bicycles to the Calcondo.
It was my brilliant idea.
Here, we have to drive a long way to the
woodsy, hilly bike paths.
There, we can drive a short distance to
a mostly-flat path along the beach.
 
This summer I'll be attending my
50th high school reunion.
I've known both of the women
organizers since kindergarten.
One had a doll with beautiful clothes--with sequins
and fur and satin--all handmade
by her mother.
The other begged me to play marbles
with her in the dirt.
She always won and I kept having to
buy new marbles.  She had an older brother
who routinely socked us in the arm.
 
Tomorrow I'm getting a haircut.
After that I'll begin my new life
as a gray-haired lady.
I'm happy with my salt and pepper look.
I keep looking for those annoying, emerging roots
but find none.
I've deleted that worry from my worry list.
However, I've added a new worry to the list.
I'm worried about the dust bunnies.
They're reproducing much too quickly.
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Neato about that reunion! And funny about the wood carving class. I've been thinking about riding that bike path before school lets out myself--when it isn't crowded! My goodness you keep busy--"dust bunnies"???? Don't even think about that! Altho once in awhile I get a sort of spring cleaning rush which does pass sort of quickly---!