March 24, 2013

Spring menagerie

When Mr. Gadget and I took a walk this morning we noticed an unusual collection of animals out and about around the complex.  We've seen these before. They appear only in the spring, and they always gravitate toward certain condo units. We assume they have a certain fondness for the owners.  I call them snow pets.
This one, lounging around in the sun, was in our driveway.  It's a stray.  I hope it finds its way home soon so I don't have to call Animal Control.
Here's one waiting for someone to wash a car so he can get a drink from the gutter.  He's dirty and mangy-looking.  His owners must regret the day they brought him home.


I'm glad I don't have this to deal with--a snow pet with a litter.  It could be tricky finding the little ones good homes.  I don't think they'd survive very long in a box with a sign by the side of the road.

Here's a bunny--just in time for Easter.
You've gotta feel a little sorry for this one.....hanging over the curb drooling.
The owners should be reprimanded for these two....allowing them out without a leash and letting them pee on the grass.

I fear it's too late for this one.  I'd better call the city and ask for a road-kill pickup.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LAUGHING!!!! Marcia: You're nuts! But in the BEST possible way. Love the latest entry. Snow pets indeed! Thank you!

Kathy W said...

LOL