February 21, 2013

Docs and dustmops

Last weekend Mr. Gadget and I had dinner with some friends--our cruising buddies, to be exact. We all traveled together last spring to the British Isles and Europe.

During the dinner conversation, one of them asked if we had seen the PBS show, Doc Martin.  Neither of us had, but I said I'd heard good reviews.  So now I'm hooked.  Lucky for me, Mr. Gadget had recorded the whole series, since at one time I had told him I might want to watch it someday.

If you aren't familiar with the series, it's filmed in Cornwall in a picturesque coastal village called Portwenn (known in real life as Port Isaac).  It looks very much like Polperro--the small village we enjoyed visiting during a stop on our cruise.





Thanks to the Brits there's finally some high quality TV. I'd almost lost hope.  Yep, I've got Downton Abbey in the queue too.

And in knitting news, I'm going to finish up my current scarf project and then cease and desist.  I've got enough scarves to outfit an Eskimo village.  The other day, while looking through a trunk for the unfinished Plymouth sweater (circa 2007)*, I found 5 or 6 more scarves I didn't even remember knitting.  Next up is to finish the Plymouth sweater which just needs one more front.

*yarn and pattern were purchased in Plymouth, Mass. in 2007 where I joined some other crazy women for a ghost-hunting weekend.

So now I must tidy up in preparation for a visit from Big City Girl this weekend.  I plan to open up the trunk of forgotten scarves and let her have at it.  The big city is just the place for hand-knitted scarves.  They're just the thing for keeping a neck nice and warm....and they also make very fashionable dustmops.....

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Good shows old chaps? We watch Doc Martin and I've seen a couple of Downton Abbey? Is that the name --can't remember that British name of that show....haven't watched recently. Am sure you'll find both very entertaining--loved your blog pictures.....And that scarf collection sounds dreamy for BC girl...enjoy your time this weekend! Ever watch Big Bang Theory....can be very funny!