February 08, 2013

Bad timing

Mr. Gadget and I are back at the Concondo and awaiting the blizzard of potentially epic proportions.  What were we thinking?  We should have just stayed on the boat. 
 
 
Just a week ago we were sweating in 90-degree heat in Cartagena (even though we look cool as cucumbers....trust me, I only had one thing on my mind and that was going into an air-conditioned shop).  Which I did, and where I bought a cute little purse.


I owe you all an apology.  I had planned to blog during the cruise, and after I published my first post I checked with a very reliable source--Big City Girl--who informed me there was nothing new on the blog since the silly cartoon--which I didn't draw by the way.  I "borrowed" it.  Sometimes you have to do that when you find something that is so much better than you could have ever done yourself.

I'll be blogging more regularly now, since I'm back and have nothing to do except laundry and grocery shopping, and maybe a little dusting.  I'll write more about the trip in my next post.  Right now I have to worry about the snow, and finish the pot of stew I've got simmering.  It's possible we'll lose power, and then I won't be back for a day or two....or five.  Don't worry about us.  We'll have stew.....and a little Chex Mix.

I've set up a frog-o-meter out on the back deck to measure the snow. 

When it gets up to his eyeballs we will have had about 3-1/2".  I'm going to have to put him on something higher very soon I think.  If I only had a hippopotamus.  

 

 
 
 
 

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

You both look so good! Back to blogging -- nice to have some time off! And what a nice homecoming storm too!