February 10, 2013

Snow day

We got a little snow.
I'm not sure how much, but a good guess would be about 14"  The wind was whipping and the snow was drifting, so it's hard to tell for sure. 

The crews have done a good job clearing it from the roads and driveways, although yesterday was proclaimed a no-drive day until late afternoon.  Fortunately, we did not lose power.  So, all-in-all, not a difficult storm for us to deal with.  Others in our state were not so lucky.

The frog-o-meter didn't turn out to be a good measuring device. Within a few hours he was covered to his eyeballs.

I gave up on the idea when I couldn't find a hippo, and Mr. Gadget wouldn't let me snoop through his office or his tool room.  Luckily, there was the Weather Channel to keep us informed.  That Jim Cantore.....he's a real trooper, isn't he?

So I was going to give you a trip report, but Mr. Gadget has not downloaded his pictures yet, and I'm sure he has some that are much better than the pathetic bunch I took.  I'll do a little nagging.

Meanwhile, I'm planning to go into witch production soon.  Someone who attended the October hotel show contacted me to see if I had more in my inventory....that he had gone back to buy a couple only to find they had been snatched up.  I sent him a nice response and told him that inventory is not a word in my vocabulary....I mean, that I didn't have any currently available, but that I would be willing to make a couple when I returned from my travels.

It's nice to be back in the Treehouse and I'm anxious to start a new project.  I'm just not sure where my witchy fabric is.  I'm going to have to do a little digging.  I hope I don't have to go any deeper than the Neolithic Era.

No comments: