January 31, 2012

Finished objects


The green sweater is done. And best of all, it fits. This is not always the case when I knit something to wear. Mostly I end up with the sleeves too long. But these are just the right length. I'm going to make a note of the measurement.....and hope I remember where I put it when I get ready to knit something else.

The tiger scarf is also complete. Unfortunately, it doesn't quite hide the turkey neck as I had hoped. Maybe if I tie it in a big bow... I think it will look especially nice with my black shirt. And if I wear it at night, maybe no one will notice the little mistakes....or the neck.

In a couple of hours I will have finished another project--a big pot of split pea soup. Mr. Gadget and I are quite fond of soup, especially on a day when there's a little nip in the air as there is today. The temperature hasn't managed to get up out of the 60's.

No comments: