January 29, 2012

My 15 minutes


Here's Chef Vinny in all of his glory. It's hard to remember what he used to look like in his youth.

Here's the magazine cover, in case you're looking for it on the newstands (after Feb. 1.)

He's on page 79. Take a look at some of the other bottle-doll challenge entries too while you're at it. He's in good company. I'm excited, but trying to keep my exuberance in check so I don't get nuttier than I already am. But, I'll admit, I have been trying to figure out how to affix the magazine to my keychain so I can take it along with me everywhere I go...

Meanwhile, in a section I will be calling News from the Neighborhood, workers have been replacing a roof on one of the condo buildings down the street. Before we arrived there was a fire. From what we heard--from our plumber, Gary, who knows everything--someone was melting cheese in their microwave and hit 3 minutes instead of 30 seconds. G the P (as Gary is known on his license plate) said that in the last several years there have been 3 fires in the complex--all started in microwaves. So, I'm thinking it might be wise when elders give up their licenses to drive, they should also give up their microwaves.

I'll have a few finished items to show you soon, including the earthquake bird who now has legs and is, thankfully, still standing.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations Marcia - how exciting for you -

Betsy

Marcia said...

Congratulations! Vinnie is wonderful...must get a copy of the magazine.