January 18, 2012

Marvin Gardens

There are some residents here at the Calcondos who really miss the big yards they once had, and the opportunity to garden. Our neighbor, Marvin, is one of these. No sooner had he moved in than he took on the job of planting and embellishing the small areas of dirt around our building. The grounds crew takes care of the large bushes, but there is lots of nothingness in-between.
Dolly, who lives next door to Marvin, was inspired to do a little garden decorating of her own.
Mr. Gadget and I, who reside next door to Dolly, were so embarrassed by our lack of garden art we couldn't even open our curtains or show our faces in the neighborhood. So I moved the painted rock turtle out by the front gate.

Things look so much better now and we can hold our heads up high. Although, all things considered, I think I'd rather live on Baltic Avenue or the Boardwalk.

So I've been perusing paper mache websites in preparation for starting a new project. I have something in mind to make and I've found some wonderful inspiration. Once I get underway, I'll share the process.

Meanwhile, I need to clean up a few of my little areas of interest (you know, like those crime story persons of interest but much more messy.) There's the green sweater--a sleeve here and a front there, the tiger scarf--on the verge of becoming a dust rag, the clay bird with only one wing, and the photo-sorting ordeal. Maybe I'll just forget it all and go ask Marvin if he needs an apprentice.

No comments: