January 11, 2012

If only I'd waited.....


....I could have celebrated my 6th blogiversary with 6 palm trees. Wouldn't they have looked nice on top of a cake! A big chocolate cake. With sprinkles and buttercream frosting. Oh well....

Mr. Gadget and I arrived at the Calcondo on Saturday, after a pleasant and uneventful flight in our usual seats--17A and B. Mr. G is a creature of habit, and I'm just kinda like a cling-on. Things were shipshape in the condo, and best of all the ants were gone. They must be vacationing in Mexico. Although I did get quite a fright when I opened one of my plastic craft storage drawers and saw a big pile of black stuff in the back. I was sure it was an ant cemetery. But then I remembered I'd filled Chef Vinny's wine bottle with black sand and some had leaked out of the bag.

And speaking of Vinny, it won't be long till I find out if he made the cut for the Spring issue of Art Doll Quarterly. It should be hitting the newstands around the first of February. Meanwhile, I've been pondering what direction my dollmaking might take in the future. I love making cloth dolls, but craft shows this past season were not very profitable. It's nice to have selling opportunities, otherwise they collect in the closet and there's no end of trouble then.

I have a few projects planned for my west-coast time. One is to finish a green pullover sweater I started long ago. I had to rip out the front and back because I made such a stupid mistake I'm ashamed to tell you, so I won't. I'm also going to hand-sew the hem in the tiger scarf--the one to hide my turkey neck. There might even be a clay project starting up soon. Lots of possibilities.

Mr. G and I had plans to follow a healthy eating and exercising regime while we're out here. The weather is nice for walking and the farm markets are open all year. Yesterday we walked to the local market (about 3 miles round trip) where I bought a bag of nutritious brussel sprouts and Mr. G bought some corn muffins and a small rum cake. I told him I'd trade a few sprouts for just a teeny tiny taste of his cake, but he wouldn't budge. That's ok. I know where it is. I'll just wait till he takes out the trash.

No comments: