January 25, 2012

Strike up the band!

Sorry I've been away from the blog, but I've been celebrating. I found out from my little circle of dollmaking friends that Chef Vinny made the cut for publication in the Spring 2012 edition of Art Doll Quarterly. Here's the cover:

The magazine should be out in stores on February 1. I have a subscription but haven't received my copy yet. Mr. Gadget and I have our mail forwarded once a week while we're at the Calcondo, so I'm hoping I'll have mine tomorrow. I guess if I was a gal who wore a cap, there would be a nice feather in it! Stay tuned for pictures.

As usual, I have taken on too many crafty projects. I haven't had time to start the paper mache project yet. I did finish knitting the green sweater and have started the sewing-it-together process.



I've done a little sanding on the clay bird and now have to make him some wire legs and feet. I'll be setting up my work table outside later today since we're now having some nice high-70's weather. Have I mentioned it's been a bit nippy?

I have to finish the toes on this pair of socks. This is the part that requires total concentration and absolute quiet. I've sometimes had to resort to duct-taping Mr. Gadget's mouth for the duration.

And then there are the sunsets--which require a person to drop everything and run outside with the camera. This is not, by the way, a good time to finish socks or stir fry.

No comments: