February 02, 2012

Family jewels


When I was young, one of my favorite gifts from my grandma was a few of her crochet-covered hangers. Although, I must say, I'm much more appreciative of them now than I was then. On occasion, she would give me a 5-year diary or some stationery--both of which I liked--but neither of which survived the ages.

I could probably make some of these hangers with left-over sock yarn. I'll bet Big City Girl would appreciate having some....even if they don't come with batteries, remotes or touch screens. The instructions for use are simple enough: hold hanger in left hand, apply coat with right hand.

I have one more finished object to share.

I'm getting kinda tired of making socks. I'm much more of a sock-knitter than a sock-wearer. Maybe I'll just crochet sock-yarn hanger covers. I'm a big hanger-user, although I haven't always been. In my younger years, like Big City Girl, most of my clothes were dustmops.

So today I went to see my west-coast hairdresser, Clara. She gives me a nice haircut using mostly a razor. This works well with my thick hair. Clara never comments on the haircuts I get from my east-coast hairdresser. But when I get back to my Connecticut haircutter (I think that would be my Concutter), there are sometimes a few cutting remarks..heh...heh... Like, "Oh, I think the right side is a little longer than the left," or "Yeah, that's the way they cut hair out west." It would be nice not to have to worry about hair. I've told Mr. Gadget I'd be happy to donate some of mine to him, or that I might even let it go gray. But he politely declines my offer, and then strongly suggest that I not un-friend my hairdressers.

No comments: