August 20, 2011

Scarfing it up


I finished the scarf I was knitting from the cotton boucle yarn I bought at the sidewalk sale. I was expecting the yarn to stripe, but it tweeded instead. I wanted it long enough to wrap a couple of times around my neck--thereby insuring that my turkey-like features would be well hidden. When all was said and done, it measured 74".

Mr. Gadget and I will be packing up soon for our return to the east. Incredibly, our departure date is one day before I was preparing to turn the whole place over to the ants. It's a little like when the kids were home from school for summer vacation. The day school started was always, miraculously, one day before I planned to put them up for adoption.

I have to say, we've made some progress in our war against the ants. Any kind of food, once opened, goes right into the fridge. And as soon as we're finished with a meal, I hop right up to clean and start the dishwasher. This is so against my nature. But the ants have driven me to it with their surprise attacks, devious tactics, and unwillingness to negotiate.

I'll have a lot on my agenda when I get back to Connecticut. There's the old hotel craft show to prepare for. I'm going to start up a ladies craft group at the condos and a writing group at the senior center. Then there's my physical. And I can't forget the dentist. And I should make an eye appointment because I know my doc will ask.....again.....if I've had them checked. Maybe it makes better sense just to stay here with the ants...

No comments: