August 18, 2011

Doll delivery day

Yesterday Mr. Gadget chauffeured me 'n Vinny down the 405 to the Stampington magazine offices in Laguna Hills. Vinny, who finally told me his name and that I should never refer to him as Vincent, is the contest doll that has been stewing in my craft rooms for the last few months. While Vinny was in residence, it became quite clear that he's fond of vino. Good thing we didn't let him drive.

We arrived at the Stampington headquarters shortly after 10 a.m. and met with Jana, the managing editor of Art Doll Quarterly. She had graciously offered to give us a tour of their offices.
That's Jana on the left and me on the right.
She introduced us to many of the staff members--who were hard at work in their offices that all resembled the Treehouse when I'm in a creative frenzy. There were bits of this and that everywhere, stuff piled up on tables, thingies stuck to the wall, and even danglies on the doorknobs.
We peeked into the prop room. Putting a magazine together is a big production.

Before we left, I put Vinny on a shelf in the doll room. I suddenly felt a lot lighter knowing that someone else would be in charge of him for a while. He looked lonely, but soon he will have bunkmates. It reminded me of leaving a kid at summer camp. Thankfully, I didn't have to stay up till the wee hours labeling his clothes.


No comments: