December 09, 2010

"Sooo-EEE!"

I'm not much of a country gal, as you know, but I'm pretty sure that's how a farmer calls his pigs--at least here in the US. I hear tell it's "Hooo--EEE" in the UK.

I made this little piggy for a friend who was in need of a gift for a pig-collecting friend. He's not quite finished. I'm contemplating eyebrows. I know real pigs don't have eyebrows, although I've never gotten close enough to one to take a look. But in my whimsical world all things are possible.

And would you look at all this buttercream!
It's giving me a sugar high. I'll need a nap soon. And what about this scene outside our window this morning....

The curb-installing crew was at work. And I'll just mention that all of those vehicles, with the exception of the dark red Honda, have back-up beeps.

So today Mr. Gadget made his annual trek up from the basement with the box containing our artificial Christmas tree. When we ponder our options: 1) going out into the woods and paying a lot of money to cut down our own tree; 2) bringing the box up from the basement; and 3) skipping the tree altogether and just decorating the mantle, the box always wins.

My job is to assemble the tree and fluff up the branches. I'm the family fluffer. They don't call me Fluffy for nothing. Mr. Gadget's job is putting the lights on--with a minimum of expletives--while listening to Bing Crosby singing Christmas carols. Sometimes there's eggnog. It's almost more excitement than we can stand....especially on a day when we've already been abundantly entertained by the curb installers.

2 comments:

Marcia said...

The pig rules! With or without a unibrow. LOVE the ear of corn...too funny! Actually, I think what he needs is a porkpie hat......

Marge Malwitz said...

Love being back to read what's been going on - in & outside your place. Will miss you at the tree trimming party tonight-still wiped out. I need to lay low for a while. Listening to Christmas - Nat King Cole & Bing is up next! It is so good to be home.