October 16, 2009

Not quite a clutter

I admit, I've been catting around. Too bad there isn't a holiday devoted to cats. I'd make a whole clutter.

At the moment, I'm making one in the same fabric as this one I sold on eBay a couple of years ago to a very nice woman in Boston. I named him Henry after my former neighbor's cat who looks very much like the cat on the fabric.

The piano (gifted as part of our pre-move de-cluttering process) now belongs to a very nice family here in Connecticut, with children who wanted to take lessons. I often wonder if they're still taking those lessons, or if they've given them up like I did long ago because my teacher had horribly bad breath. I'm sure if he'd had regular dental care, or at least a pack of mints, I'd be playing etudes and sonatas today.

I've also had a request to make an angel....a replacement angel.

Seems the original was given by a woman to her elderly mother as a gift. A few years passed and the mother died, and when the daughter went to retrieve it, it had gone missing. I mentioned this to Mr. Gadget at lunch today, and said it might be the first time one of my dolls has gone missing and I wondered if it was worthy of breaking news on CNN, like the balloon boy story. He didn't think so, but he did propose another possible scenario.

"Maybe she accompanied Mom up to the pearly gates," he said. "I think angels occasionally perform those kinds of duties. It says so in the Angel Manual."

"Well then," I said. "It's the first time one of my dolls has traveled that far. That's certainly worthy of the nightly news."

Now for a couple of random items.

It snowed here yesterday. It's much too early. It's gone today. Good riddance, I say.

Yesterday one of the condo worker guys spray-painted a white line on the dirt out from the building foundation next to us that has been awaiting framing. On one side he painted a "G" and on the other a "P". Mr. Gadget and I were having fun trying to decide what it all meant....but then the snow came and covered it up. Now that the snow has melted we have resumed our wondering. Thank goodness we won't be standing around wondering too long, as we have plans to meet friends for dinner.

So no cooking for me tonight. That means more time for catting.

No comments: