October 05, 2009

Just one more witch, I promise

She's just a little witch. I made her over the weekend for a friend. It's a Santa pattern I bought long ago, and I changed a few things. I had a piece of Halloween fabric with a border print in my stash and thought it would work well for this doll. I lined her hat with the non-border part....just black background with stars. Her scarf is cheesecloth that I quickly soaked in coffee and embellished with a silver spider.
Here's a better view of her hat. I stitched the hatband on and then glued on a little mum I had in my box-o-flowers. I was able to make her with fabric and supplies I had on hand....always a plus!
So, I've been pondering the placement of my scarecrow on the front porch.
I think he might be more comfortable seated, with his hands in his lap holding the pumpkin. I wouldn't want him to be intimidating to visitors and UPS guys and those Publishers Clearinghouse folks when they come to deliver my big check. I think I can re-arrange the straw in his legs so his knees will bend, and maybe remove some of those shoulder bones.

And then, when it's time for those pesky little grandkids of the residents to do their trick-or-treating here at the condos, I'll put the Freddy Krueger mask on him....

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Hey, Marcia! I've got your blog bookmarked again so now I may show up a little more often....cute witch and cute scarecrow. Looks like fun to make one....perhaps I've been inspired....