August 14, 2009

Friday fluff

I don't know about you, but I've always enjoyed a good peanut butter and fluff sandwich. I always keep a jar in the cupboard for those days when there's nothin' for dinner and I don't feel like going to the store.

As I've previously reported, I walk around the condo complex for exercise. There's a nice flat sidewalk that goes all the way around and I do two laps. It does get boring, although not nearly as boring as the treadmill. The other day I started thinking about how I could add some interest to this walk--not so much for me, but for the others who also walk laps. And their pesky little dogs too. Did I ever mention how happy I am that I don't have to carry one of those little poop baggies with me?

Anyway, I think a few chalk faces, with an assortment of expressions, drawn on the sidewalk in a random pattern would certainly entertain the walkers....not to mention cause a buzz among the residents. But if I were to take on this job I would need a partner--someone to hold the flashlight, because it would most certainly have to be done after dark....what with all the curmudgeons. And maybe someone with better knees than mine. Mr. Gadget has flatly refused. He thinks I'm weird. He has no sense of whimsy.

Today I made spiders.


I'll take them back to the Treehouse to decorate witch dolls. In the meantime, maybe they'll scare the ants away...or eat them for breakfast.

Big City Girl had to have a root canal earlier today. Poor thing. All I could do was some virtual hand-holding. But she called to say it wasn't so bad, and she did have a nice mumbled chat with the dentist who happens to be the father of her best friend.

Sometimes I'm tempted to offer BCG some hard-earned mom wisdom. Here's a little sampling:

  • Take good care of your teeth and visit the dentist regularly. It's much easier than the alternative.
  • Don't go looking for love. Instead, spend time improving yourself, socializing with friends, being good to your parents, and making a difference in the world. In good time love will find you.
  • Invest in a coffee pot and some of those styrofoam cups with lids. You'll save enough money to retire early.

Gotta go. I spotted another fig on the tree. Afternoon snack. Then maybe I'll floss. It never hurts to floss after figs.

1 comment:

Jen said...

If I were there, I'd hold the flash light for ya, Marcia! I think it would be fun!