August 27, 2009

The big cover-up caper of '09

Just before Mr. Gadget and I left for the west coast in mid-July, I retrieved this 1960's striped madras bedspread from the closet of things I can't bear to part with and performed a covert cover-up operation in the guest bedroom....all in the interest of keeping dust from interacting with my valuables.
Today I realized it was high time to remove the cover because Big City Girl will be arriving tomorrow night for part of the weekend and she will need a place to sleep.
To be honest, I'd forgotten just how big a cover-up it was. These guys seemed to be getting along well enough, but some of them were looking a tad grumpy.

Frog was looking rather chipper though....like maybe he actually enjoyed the long summer sit.

After I finished clearing the bed and returning these characters to the Treehouse, I turned my attention to the guest bathroom. I decided maybe a little sprucing up was in order. I thought a few accessories, well positioned, might make it more pleasing to BCG.

Then it hit me. Big City Girl doesn't like spiders.

I immediately thought of Madge. Madge loves spiders. She told me she'd be available to spider-sit all weekend.
I think she looks trustworthy, don't you?

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Oh, I'd have left the spiders in the bathroom!