August 08, 2009

Clay play day

Recently I've been inspired by the work of some very talented clay and paper mache artists whose blogs I've been reading. My first foray into the world of paper mache was about a year ago when I created Petunia from a plastic apple juice jug. She was far from perfect; she had cellulite issues.
Next, I took an online class with grittyjane which resulted in these two beauties. Well, except for the eyes that didn't quite match.
Then I crafted a witch head out of clay and used it on one of my own handmade dolls. After that....well....maybe we shouldn't mention Silly Milly.

Lucky for me there was just enough paperclay left to play with, although I did have to chase a couple of ants out of the bag. Those little devils. My first experiment was a pumpkin head.
....and then I attempted another witch head.

There will be no gossiping in the Treehouse when she's in residence. She'll be all ears.

And speaking of gossiping....not that I am one to gossip... When the neighbor ladies were over for dinner the other evening, Mr. Gadget and I got an earful. And I'm thinking now might be a good time for me to approach the condo board of directors and ask them to consider imposing a few new rules. I would be more than happy to type up a list suitable for posting.

  • Please bring your own towel to use after showering at the gym. Using paper towels to dry your entire body is wasteful. We do have a strict budget.
  • If you have a grievance, please take it to a board member. It is strictly prohibited to express your displeasure by dumping garbage on the golf course.
  • Ladies are forbidden to color their hair in the sauna.

Oh, and that hair lady? When someone spoke to her about it, she said there were no signs saying she couldn't. Mr. Gadget and I just love condo living. It's kinda like being on a cruise where they throw in the entertainment for no extra charge.

No comments: