July 13, 2008

Hamming right along

After my morning walk.......during which I was sadly without my camera and could not snap a picture of what I can only describe as a curmudgeonmobile.....I decided I had plenty of time to root around in the pig project.
You can see how I patched it up with paper towels, foil and tape to create some body contouring. If I sound like I know what I'm doing, don't be fooled. I'm flying by the seat of my pants.

Next, I prepared the paper mache mixture. The box says it's fast mache, so I figured I wouldn't have much time to dilly-dally once I got to slathering it on and attempting to make something pig-like. Lunch time came and I told Mr. G to go ahead and eat without me, since I was elbow-deep in goo.
Slowly a pig body came into focus. A whimsical pig body. The more mache I added, the heavier it got, so I mounted it on a chicken broth can to take some of the load off. Now it needs a few days to dry, and then I'll try to remove some of his warts with fine sandpaper. He is earless for now. I'm still pondering that dilemma.
So while Mr. Gadget was eating his lunch and I was covered with goo, I happened to mention how concerned I am about where our civilized society seems to be headed.
Only in America would you see large numbers of people lined up, on the same day, outside buildings all over the land to: 1) attempt to get their money out of a failed bank, or 2) purchase the newest version of the IPhone.
And only in California would you see something like this.
Mr. Gadget and I are preparing to set sail for Catalina Island tomorrow morning. We're hopeful there will be no lines and no public indecency over there. We'll take our chances with the gangsters.

No comments: