July 17, 2008

Breaking News: Ant walks to New Guinea!

You're probably wondering what sort of a crazy tangent I'm headed off on now, right? This will make perfect sense after I explain. There's a big world map mounted on the wall directly behind my computer. There's also an ongoing battle we're having with little black ants. The pest people have sprayed twice, but a few hearty souls have managed to survive.....and I spotted one walking across the map (walking on water, actually) headed for New Guinea. I'm pretty sure he got there OK.
So Catalina has become quite a crafty place, and you know I had to check out this shop. There was yarn in the window. I didn't end up buying any yarn......right now I'm mad at yarn.......but I did find a kit for a cute little embroidered piece.
I'll put it in the queue, and maybe I'll get to it before I'm in the nursing home.

There were lots of crafty buildings too and most of them had foliage painted on them.

I liked this one with all of the palm trees......especially those growing out of the roof.... Have you ever noticed how resort areas always have plenty of props around town for tourist photo ops?I still like this one the best....of me and Lego Man at Disneyland.So I'd better fess up. Tomorrow Mr. Gadget and I will be leaving in the late afternoon on a 3-day party cruise. It was all his idea. When he called Carnival to inquire, there was one stateroom left and he grabbed it right up. So I'd better go crank up the washing machine and check the sunscreen supply. And maybe I can find my favorite party hat.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Great great images. LOVE the post