February 24, 2008

No mooing allowed

As Mr. Gadget and I were leaving the condo earlier today, we happened to meet up with our neighbor, Dolly, who was making her way to the trash dumpster.

"Hi, Dolly, how are you?" I asked.

"I'm not sure," she replied. "I'm having 17 ladies over soon for an Oscars party."

I can only imagine the cackling we'll be hearing shortly. I will not tolerate mooing though. I'll be rapping on the wall if I hear any of that....

Yesterday morning, after pouring myself a cup of coffee, I did a little blog-reading...as is my usual morning ritual. And imagine my surprise when I read my friend's (the other Marcia....we call each other that in the blog world) blog and found that she had showcased a few of my dolls. Check out her D is for dolls post. It's right after the one about her trek through the yard on snowshoes. Oh that Marcia.....such an adventurous one!

So yesterday Mr. G offered to chauffeur me to the big discount fabric store in Anaheim, even after our conversation in which he determined that I didn't actually need any fabric. He took along a couple of his scientific magazines (maybe there was a car one too) and waited patiently while I spent exactly one hour on my shopping spree.

"One hour is all I need," I assured him. "If I stay in there longer than that, I end up thinking too much and buying stuff I won't use."

"Yeah, right," he said.

Here's my loot. I bought one yard each. I have no idea what I'll do with any of it, but each piece somehow had my name on it, so I'll add it to my stash.

Then this morning, as I was going through some mail, I noticed this:

It expires today. I'd feel terrible letting a 50% coupon go to waste, so I headed off to Michael's with the intention of buying more instant paper mache. But they were sold out, so I bought some new scissors instead. Scissors are like reading glasses. Even though you possess dozens of pairs, they are rarely where you need them. Maybe I'll have to start wearing one of those necklace thingies with my glasses and my scissors. And maybe my car keys too.

So now I'm off to make some veggie soup. It's not too early to start mentally preparing for the shock that awaits me next weekend. The weather in SoCal will be warming up through the week to the high 70's. On Saturday Mr. G and I will be heading back to Connecticut where, according to Tech Guy, the snow plow guy is doing a nice job on our driveway....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MOOOOOO!

Anonymous said...

Have a nice Spring!