February 22, 2008

Construction zone

Today I was in the mood for a project, so I entered the construction zone.....without a hard hat I might add. I wasn't wearing steel-toed shoes either, and I totally forgot my tool belt. But I slogged on anyway. I mean, how hazardous can it be in a sewing room?


I had all the materials on hand, having recently visited the lumberyard, I mean the fabric store.

I had the plans too, although no rulers, calculators, protractors or slide rules were used in their preparation. Just a quick snip-snip here and there, being extra careful to avoid crossword puzzles that I usually save for Big City Girl.
In no time at all....well, I did visit the lunch wagon for coffee and a donut.... I ended up with this:
Next, I called in the heavy machinery.....you know, the kind you can't operate if you're taking certain prescription medications.
And finally, the finished project.....coming in well under budget and slightly ahead of schedule. I think I've got this construction business down to a science.
On Monday I'll be having lunch with my friend whose granddaughter has the new play kitchen. I hope she likes her new apron. I can only imagine what gourmet delights will be coming out of her kitchen. Maybe she could whip up one of these....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute aprons! Any possibility for Sheila's?

Anonymous said...

Wholly Guacamole! Mrs. SS (Speedy Seamstress) has my head spinning. Just contemplating such construction is way out of my league. Very cute indeed!