February 14, 2008

I heart chocolates!

I've been known to brake (with the left foot) for chocolate. These aren't my chocolates though. I gave them to Mr. Gadget. He's been known to brake for chocolate too, but always with his right foot. He says I tricked him because I begged him not to give me candy for the big day. In fact, I pleaded with him not to give me anything, because he buys me thoughtful gifts all through the year. Have I mentioned my new mini vacuum? But of course I had no plans to not give him a little something, so this morning he was quite surprised to find this box of chocolates on the little slide-out keyboard shelf as he prepared to check his email. And Mr. Gadget has never been known not to share....The ladybugs are finished. I made 51, but decided to keep one in case more are requested and I need a reminder of how they were constructed. They've been packed up ready for travel, in alternating rows so their antennas won't get tangled. Mr. G was quite worried about that. I assured him that because they are pipe cleaners they could easily be bent back into shape, but still he worried......so now he needn't.
And the flowers are finished too.These will be transported in big plastic garbage bags with no need for worrying about smushing or crinkling. The more the better. We'll probably look like we're headed to the dump as we drive along the Tomato Highway enroute to my cousin's house. She has assured me she has a whole back closet designated as the wedding parphernalia holding area, so this should eliminate any need for her to rent one of those storage lockers.
Now I'm going to get on to other things, like this for instance:
It's a pattern I made on-the-quick for a child's version of this:
A west coast friend gave her granddaughter a little play kitchen for Christmas just to use at Grandma's house, and she might as well have a designer apron, don't ya think? I'm going to put pockets on the front for some little utensils. And you'll never guess what's printed on the fabric I've chosen. Ladybugs. The pesky little things follow me everywhere.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Marcia, that is a whole lot of ladybugs and about the "cruise" control, you know I'm just jealous...hee,hee. Happy Valentine's Day!

molly said...

We are SO glad the ladybugs and tissue paper blossoms made it safely to our street today, Marcia.

Oh yea. It was nice seeing you and Mr. Gadget, too!

Heh hee heh