June 01, 2009

Sherwin, philosophizing

You've met Sherwin before but that was before I named him. Now he's Sherwin Williams, in honor of all the painting I've done lately. He's sitting here next to me while I type, offering suggestions on all the things I could do today on my day off. He thinks it would be nice if I'd make him a gaggle of playmates out of this big bag of sheep wool sitting under the table.

He also thinks I did the right thing telling Mr. Gadget I needed a day off from working at the old house. My request to be put on the 15-day disabled list was a bit drastic he thought, but he definitely thinks my sitting out one game would be beneficial to my mental health.
Mr. G is over at the house by himself today, meeting with the plumber. I may have been overly excited when I finished cleaning up the muck under the fridge yesterday and pushed it back with too much vigor. That may have been what caused the crack in the cold water line to the ice maker. Who needs an ice maker anyway? What's wrong with ice cube trays? So today I'm stressed and I just need to spend some time in the dugout chewing gum.
I know I said I'd start a new doll project, and I invited you all to doll along with me. But then I saw these cute little pigs and remembered I've been wanting to make a pig to go with my beanbag characters. I'd have no problem doing both if I was on that disabled list. I'll have to speak to my manager.
What would Sherwin do, I wonder?

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Fixing up a house does get "old" after awhile and a change in pace is definitely restful. Our tenant is moving out end of the month and we'll be fixing up, too!
Those pigs and Sherwin are so cute!