June 08, 2009

Ham Sandwich

Here's my first pig and I'm sorry to report she's a little off. I may have to send her to one of those livestock auctions. Her head is not quite the proper pig shape and her ears are too big. I'm now working on a new, improved version and it's showing real blue-ribbon promise. I'm quite fond of the fabric. It's pretty much what I had in mind when I hobbled off to the fabric store. She wasn't very happy when I told her she couldn't keep the boa. There'll be no need for that at the auction.
So we finally got the old house on the market and I must say it was bittersweet. There are a few things about the ol' homestead that I will miss. For instance, this wall art in Mr. Gadget's workshop.
For years he kept track of Tech Guy's and Big City Girl's heights. He even measured BCG the day she left for college. I think that's the last mark we have for her because future trips home never allowed time for such details. The college years were also known as the era of the revolving door.
Mr. Gadget and I are considering a measuring wall here at the new place, but we fear our measurements will show a descending trend, and that's hardly news to brag about. We might consider keeping a tally of our prescription medications. That trend would likely be an ascending one. Maybe during our golden years we'll just swear off measuring things. It won't disappoint me if I never have to paint another wall.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I agree with Anonymous...and those future stats on us as we grow older are surely a thorn in my side! I'm sliding into petite height but not petite weight... not good idea! I'll be about as tall as I am wide, if I don't watch the fork and move about a bit more.