June 24, 2009

Got shoes?

The treehouse is starting to look like a frightening shoe store. That's because I'm still working on witches. Halloween will be here before you know it and I don't want to be left in the cobwebs.
Witches seem to be one of the most popular of my characters among buyers, but it's difficult to find a craft fair at a perfect time for selling them. In late September or early October, a few people are looking for Halloween things but aren't yet into shopping for Christmas gifts and/or decorations. November is the best time for those items, but of course by then witches are old news.
No matter what the season, I always make sure I have one witch on my craft table because sometimes I'll attract a collector....someone who loves nothing more than to live among witches all year long.
Here's my personal favorite pair:

These are the shoemaker's shoes. Remember the Grimm's fairy tale about the shoemaker? He had lots of elf helpers. So where are those elves anyway? They should be here doing my housework....

In case you're all wondering what's been going on outside my window all day here in the treehouse, here's the skinny. For one thing, there's been plenty of noise but, thankfully, I don't think it's going to last much longer.

The boys are cleaning up their playground. I think they deserve some recognition for their good behavior so I'm going to write a nice letter to the construction company and recommend a raise in their allowances.

No comments: