June 29, 2009

City sights

Here's my favorite city sight. Big City Girl (green shirt) and her best friend Jenn. We were taking a little sit-down break after a busy afternoon of bead shopping. Notice that pretty purple flowered bag? That was a souvenir from Guatemala. I'm always happy when BCG actually uses something I bring her.

Here's one of the sights of our money drop. I say one of the sights because there are many bead shops in this part of the city. I like to call it the bead district. Here's some of my loot:

I plan to embellish my angel dolls with these. Heh...heh....just kidding. These are mostly witch fixins'. As I was leaving one of the stores, I noticed the necklace on a sale table. Doesn't it look like a string of boney bits? Definitely haute couture for a witch intent on making a fashion statement.

So tomorrow I'll be on the road again. I'm heading north with my yarn buddies, other Marcia and Karen, to yarn heaven. Oh, and another bead store. It's practically next door to yarn heaven and how silly to miss it, right?

Mr. Gadget will stay home and mind the fort. Did I mention he's getting a little testy? I'm blaming it on Craig's List. Mr. G thinks everything remaining in the old house should go to the dump. I disagree. I think most of it can be recycled. But that process takes managing and managing takes time. I've learned over the years how to deal with Mr. G's occasional bouts of testiness though. A little road trip works wonders, especially if I remember to take my credit card....

1 comment:

Marcia said...

When you get back from California, you will have to introduce me to the Bead District! (We were talking about going in on the train sometime this summer, remember? I can wait till fall.)