June 05, 2009

Going for broke

So my neighbor--the one who prides herself on her front-porch poker skills--made some bold moves yesterday.
She raised me two planters full of geraniums and a garden mallard (on the left in front of the chair). This left me no choice but to call in the dogs.
Two of a kind is a pretty good hand, isn't it?
I'm starting to sense that our penny-ante game is about to end. She has very little space left on her front porch, and I'm starting to get bored. It's been fun though, and I think we've displayed extraordinary sportsmanship.....even though only one of us was aware there was a game going on....
And now from the This and That file:
The basement closet still smells, but less so. The authorities have said they can fill the space up with concrete, but we've said no, since that will eliminate the ability to have an elevator at a later date. Oh, and by the way, we don't want a smelly elevator either.
The old house will have a for sale sign on it sometime tomorrow. Kinda sad in a way. I know we've moved on, but I'm having a hard time letting go. Who will take care of Bob? Maybe I can leave detailed instructions for the new owners. He likes his sunflower seeds fresh and crunchy, and he'll get very cranky if you make him wait.
I found some fabric for my pig and I've been busy stitching in my spare time. I think he's destined to be a real blue-ribbon porker.
My ankle is much better, but I'm not ready to give up the limp quite yet. Mr. Gadget felt sorry for me and bought me some key-lime pie as a special treat. I'm going to try real hard to hold out. I've got a hankerin' for some prime rib.....

3 comments:

Marcia said...

Didn't realize it was your ankle! I feel for you...you know how long I limped! As for the smelly closet, there are some things at Bed, Bath and Beyond that you might be able to stick in there (cans of odor removers, etc) that would help. Our basement (my "studio") is pretty dank in the summer when the heat is not on and I have to employ something like that so I can use the room. Glad the Porch Wars are coming to an end....until the holidays!

Kathy W said...

So much fun and so little time....hahahaha! Love the porches both. And the frog stories were both cute. Always find something here to smile about and milk that "ankle" for all it's worth. Prime rib...yummy!

Anonymous said...

hey cuz,

i'm glad you like the porch junk of your neighbor; if it was me, i'd check the homeowner's rules. your neighborhood is so beautiful, and her stuff is--tacky.