February 11, 2014

A random ramble

I never thought I'd find artistic inspiration on a box of Kleenex.  This is actually a replacement box.  The original was damaged in the deluge.

This morning I went to the grocery store....but not specifically to buy the replacement box.  Why is it that each time I go grocery shopping the firemen are doing their shopping too?  They never do a big shopping.  It appears they're just picking up a little something for dinner.  I've never figured out why they need to bring the really big truck just to fetch a few chili fixins'.

It's very unsettling to see a van driving around the neighborhood with the word "Coroner" on the back.

The construction guys have given us a few days off from the noise and dust.  The last time they were here they very considerately tiled just half of the hallway so we could walk around easily while the glue dried.  I like that trait in a construction guy.

This morning after I got up I looked out the front window and almost freaked out. There was lots of white stuff.  Then I realized it was just fog and it would go away by itself without shoveling.

I'm working on a couple of small projects that
should be finished soon.  I've also been browsing artsy websites and I discovered a new dollmaker.  Her creations are whimsical and wonderful....and very inspiring. I would love to take one of her classes, but they are usually far away and they fill up quickly.

I don't know about you, but I'm getting tired of hearing the word awesome.  I really thought it would run its course, like so many expressions do, but it has incredible staying power.

And poor Bob Costas with that annoying eye infection.  I really thought he was trying to make a fashion statement with those cute round glasses.  When I first met Mr. Gadget he wore round glasses with metal frames and I was immediately smitten.  After we got married, he put the glasses away in a drawer....along with his cooking skills.  Mr. G. used to make a mean pot o' chili...and somehow, amazingly, he was able to get all of his chili fixins' home in his sports car.


No comments: