September 14, 2012

Making progress

The great pumpkin project is coming along nicely.  Although, it looks wider at the top than at the bottom which is not the case in real life.  I suppose I should stoop down to its level before taking a photo, but that's not so easy when you've got EK (elderly knees).
 
 
I've finished applying paper strips and am now ready to cover the whole thing with a thin layer of pulp.  I should probably throw out the plastic container of flour-water-glue that's in the fridge so Mr. Gadget doesn't mistake it for his special Coffeemate and add it to his tea.  That would probably put a stop to my regular deliveries of liquor-store-size brown paper bags.

One of the witches is coming along nicely too.

She needs some hair and a few witchy accessories.  I feel sufficiently satisfied with her that I'm willing to tell you she's my own design.  I've decided to stop with that firth and twoth business. I went off on a silly tangent, and this blog is set up so that if there's an over-abundance of silliness all sorts of alarms go off.  Let me tell you, it was a piercing shriek.  I'm going to tell Mr. Gadget not to buy any more batteries.

1 comment:

Kathy W said...

Cute. Could your witch cast a spell to make it cooler in California? Was 105 or something like that today here! And another week of heat ahead. That fallish weather is so appealing now!