May 05, 2011

Misfortune

Last night I was having serious doubts about my future. Mr. Gadget and I ordered Chinese take-out, and when I broke open my fortune cookie there was no fortune inside.

What could this mean, I wonder? Maybe it simply means I have to write my own fortune. I have a few ideas....

I'm starting to crank up the Halloween production here in the Treehouse. Any guesses how many of these oranges have pesky stickers on them? Two. You know how much I enjoy peeling stickers from produce. Maybe I'll recycle them...just for the fun of it. I'll take these stickers back to the produce department and affix them to the avocados. We'll just see how they like them apples...

On Saturday I'll take the train down to NYC to spend some time with Big City Girl. She just returned from a vacation in the Dominican Republic.....where she met some interesting characters.

We'll have lunch, then visit a store I've been wanting to check out for a long time. Maybe they'll have some interesting doll fixins'.


Afterwards, I'll board the train for the trip home--where Mr. Gadget will have drawn me a hot bath, chilled the wine, and prepared a gourmet meal. There's no end of wonderful possibilities when one has to resort to writing one's own fortune..

No comments: