May 21, 2011

Meow

Recently I've been thinking about getting a cat. I even broached the subject with Mr. Gadget. He didn't care much for my idea. In fact, he very quickly threw wet cat fur on it.



"Who would take care of a cat when we're traveling?" he asked. "And what about the food bill? Cats can be expensive pets, especially if you insist on buying deli turkey like you did for Sparkle." Sparkle was our family pet. For most of her life she had only 3 legs, and I did my best to make things easy for her, including erecting a handicapped ramp so she could get up on the bed.

I guess he has some good points, but still. I had my heart set on one of those big orange-stripey cats with big feet.
But I suppose if I did get one the construction guys would put me to work digging ditches, and then I wouldn't have time for dollmaking, so maybe it's just as well....


1 comment:

Marcia said...

I've got a GREAT cat sitter....and she only charges $20 a day. (Maybe you ought to MAKE that big, orange, stripey cat with big feet, just saying.) How do cats travel on planes?