May 13, 2011

The other crafty one

So Mr. Gadget has completed his table-refinishing project.

He made a valiant effort to revive it from the brink of death--with lots of sanding and scraping and patching and staining. On Saturday when I returned from my trip to the big city the table was in place and beautifully adorned with Mother's Day roses on a white paper doily.


"How did you find the doily?" I asked incredulously.


"I know my way around a pantry closet," he replied. "I'm not just Gadget Man." Sometimes he forgets that in Blogland he's Mr. Gadget.


There's a lot of action in the Treehouse these days. I'm working on witches and bunny slippers. That would be an interesting combo, wouldn't it? And what about a nun in bunny slippers? Nuns must kick back and put their feet up once in a while, don't ya think?


In addition to all this busyness, I'm contemplating taking part in a doll-making contest in the fall. I'm not divulging any details. For now, it must remain top-secret. But I've come up with an idea for a whimsical cloth and clay doll, and it's going to require me to make an armature--one of those wire thingies that acts kinda like a skeleton. I've never made one before, but how hard can it be? Sometimes you just have to ignore those tapes that play in your head--the ones that play over and over and tell you you're not good enough and can't possibly measure up--and dare to dive off the high board. Here's hoping I don't do a belly flop.

1 comment:

Marcia said...

Tell Mr. G he did a very nice job: on the table AND in finding that doily!