March 29, 2010

How do you spell potatos?

On Saturday I dragged myself out of a sick bed to go to the sale at my local fabric store. I bought a few pieces, one of which was this:
I'm not sure what I'll do with it. You'll have to stay tuned. Just be aware that sometimes stuff sits in my stash for years until just the right project comes to mind. But I do still have my food quilt simmering in the back closet. My good friend, Claudia, emailed that she's enjoyed my recent rash of blog posts. I've been spending a lot of time on the computer lately....what with the cold and all....and not feeling like doing any housework....and having a good excuse not to for a few days. I've also been camping out in the upstairs bedroom because I'm not the most pleasant roommate when I'm coughing and sneezing all night. Mr. Gadget (a/k/a the Master of Euphemisms) has been a real prince about it. He tells me I occasionally breathe loudly at night. He's been in an especially good mood lately. Maybe that's what a good night's sleep will do for you. I wouldn't know.

So I decided to move an artificial plant from the bedroom to the living room to see how it would look there. After a few days, with nary a comment from Mr. G, I asked him if he had noticed. He looked a little sheepish and said, "You just put it there, right?" I told him this didn't surprise me, but that I certainly thought he'd notice the big gaping hole in the bedroom corner from whence it came. Nope. He hadn't. So I'm thinking I'll just put dusting and vacuuming on my once-a-year chore list....

2 comments:

Arnette said...

Marcia, when & if you ever get that food quilt done; share it with me! I've been cold on the quilting but have a great stash! When I get home at the end of this week my main objective is to get quilting!

marcia said...

Sorry to hear you are still under the weather..hope you feel better soon! And, no, men don't notice stuff. I once went blonde and mine asked me three days later if I had had a haircut. Of course, the good thing was that I could sneak new outfits into the house, no problem!