March 25, 2010

Randomness with Kleenex

Last night I decided some cold medication might help me sleep, so I quickly reviewed the medicine cabinet. There were 2 bottles of Nyquil--one with an expiration date of 2007 and the other with 2009. The later vintage seemed to do the trick, so I'm thinking those dates are just ballpark estimates. "You threw out that really old bottle, didn't you?" asked Mr. Gadget. "No," I confessed, "but I will as soon as I'm feeling 100%." I don't know about you, but I can't be bothered with little details like that when I'm hovering between 65 and 70%.

And how is it that furniture can get dusty when no one is living in a house?

I discovered a little problem with the blog after I got home. The right sidebar stuff was gone. I guess it went missing as soon as I started blogging by email from the ship. Not that it's all that important, but that right-side stuff does give the blog a pleasant balanced look. I did a search for help, but, as is usually the case, one must be technically savvy to understand technical help instructions. So I was forced to take matters into my own fumbling hands and I deleted all of the posts from the cruise. You'd finished reading them, right? Now they are gone and the sidebar is back, and all is well with the blog. If you ever find yourself in need any technical help, just let me know.

And did you know that long vacations are tough on cable boxes? Especially if you disconnect the power to them. Apparently they like a small steady dose or they'll keel over and die.

So here are a few more pictures from our trip that I find amusing and rather amazing. Our Panama Canal transit happened on St. Patrick's Day. How did those canal workers have time to decorate?





1 comment:

Kathy W said...

I think you must have cruising down to a fine art now! It's not St. Patrick's Day but I am turning green with envy!