March 03, 2010

Party hat

Part of the fun of cruising is having a festive hat. I've never had a festive cruise hat, but I've observed other passengers wearing them and having loads of fun. On second thought, maybe it was the strawberry daiquiris.
After I finished sewing the crocheted flowers and leaves on my hat, I considered adding one final touch.
But then I thought better of it because maybe less is more. Although I do think the dragonfly might look cute sitting up on top...and I could feel special that he singled me out for his landing spot.
While I was outside photographing my hat, I noticed that dear ol' dad's fig tree is sprouting some new growth.
That means there'll be lots o' figs this summer. I'm not a real big fan o' figs, but I do enjoy them occasionally and eat them in honor of dear ol' dad. I like to think he's looking down and smiling, especially when I manage to edge out the birds.
Big City Girl is in Florida for a few days, having flown there with a girlfriend in the wee hours of this morning. They were sick and tired of snow. At precisely 2:34 a.m. this morning I received a text message.. ...to let me know she was on the plane, taxiing to the runway and expecting an on-time departure. Isn't it a real pleasure to get a call from a kid in the middle of the night with good news? That's something almost as rare as a festive cruise hat...

2 comments:

Marcia said...

I wish I could wear hats....I just love yours! I say go for the bug. Um, firefly. And I'm with BCG....I'm ready for Florida and I HATE Florida! Been a rough one this year. Have a great cruise!

Kathy W said...

Happy cruising!