August 13, 2007

Goin' buggy

You may remember a long-ago post wherein I referred to Tech Guy's talent for creating interesting critters out of polymer clay.

Yesterday I bribed him, with some yummy left-over chicken cutlets, to make me a few dragonflies. These will join the ladybugs in decorating the tissue paper flower arrangements at the memorial celebration next month.
These are fresh out of the oven and still need painting and wings, but I'm pretty sure they will make for some interesting table conversations.

And while I was on a bribe roll, I cajoled Mr. Gadget.....with the promise of chocolate chip cookies.....into putting up a couple of shelves in the treehouse. And since he really likes those cookies, and was very much looking forward to them, he also hung my bulletin board and a couple of pictures. It's so cozy in here now I really don't want to leave. But I'm sure with the right bribe.......

So this morning I made the trek downtown to see my friendly phlebotomist. Her name is Gail, and she's personable and always asks how my summer is going and what I've been up to. It must get boring asking everyone that, since she rolls people in and out of that chair of hers every ten minutes. Well, except for me. It takes about 15. I don't give up blood willingly. It usually takes several tries and then she finally zeros in on my hand. Lots of veins there. I got her to promise to start there next time.

As for current projects, I'm making some progress on another ladybug doll. This one will be traveling with me to the west coast next month. It's Lorraine's sister, Lucille. She has smaller spots than her sis, but they shouldn't diminish her attractiveness. Now I'm wondering if I've already named a ladybug Lucille. I'd better go check that out......

After I finish Lucille, or maybe even before, I'll be starting a clothing construction project. Capri pants. Did I mention Mr. G and I are going on another cruise? It was Mr. G's idea. That's probably a good enough reason to leave the treehouse.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a Twelve-Step Program for Cruisaholics?! Like the dragonflies!

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to your return to this coast with Lucille. We must have a Cruisaholics Anonymous on this side of the continent....we have everything else.....