May 15, 2018

Framed

A few years ago I got on a kick to make embellished crazy quilt squares.  I stitched day and night (I might have been slightly addicted) and I ended up with some very nice pieces....and some painful arthritis in my stitchin' finger.  So while I rested my finger I did some knitting....because it's impossible for me to sit still with quiet hands....and that didn't seem to aggravate it as much.

Meanwhile, the 4 finished quilt squares sat in a pile in the Treehouse.  My plan was to make them into fancy handbags.  In fact, I did eventually make a bag and I even took it on a cruise.  But I wasn't happy with it and I ripped it apart because.....a couple of weeks ago I came up with the perfect plan.  I would frame them and put them on the wall above our sofa.  I've been procrastinating for years, I mean valiantly searching, for just the right artwork to put there.

So here they are on the dining room table waiting for me to read the directions on the package of Command hooks.  Mr. Gadget, who always has just the right gadget, is standing at the ready with his level.







No comments: